Friday, 12 December 2014
Fashola, Oshiomhole, Amaechi, 6 Others Contend For APC VP Slot [FULL LIST OF CONTENDERS]
Series of meetings are currently being held by APC party leaders to come up with the best running mate for him.
With religion and ethnicity becoming major issues in the last few years, the APC would have to play its game carefully in selecting the right candidate if it is serious about winning the election.
LEADERSHIP Newspapers has revealed that the only way to defeat the ruling party is for the APC to win the north as a block and also win the south west as a block.
The party must substantially block President Jonathan out of the north and south west.
This is because Jonathan is most likely to get block votes from the south east, and in spite of the incursion of the APC into the south-south, when it comes to the presidential election in 2015, he is likely to sweep the region.
APC's greatest challenge will, therefore, be finding the right mix of ticket that will achieve this.
The APC may announce its running mate anytime from now because, as one insider put it, "time is running out."
Which running mate gives the APC candidate the best chance to combine the healing the country needs with an element of surprise that could catch the ruling party on the back foot?
Here is a list of possible front-runners being speculated:
1. Prof. Yemi Osibanjo, former Attorney-General of Lagos State
2. Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, the Rivers State governor
3. Mr. Babatunde Fashola, the Lagos State governor
4. Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, the Edo State governor
5. Dr. Kayode Fayemi, the immediate past Ekiti State governor
6. Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora, former Lagos East Senator
7. Senator (Prof.) Ajayi Boroffice, serving Ondo State Senator
8. Mr. Wale Edun, former Lagos State Commissioner
9. Mr. Supo Sashore, former Attorney-General of Lagos State
10. Mrs Sharon Ikeazor, National Women Leader of All Progressives Congress (APC)
Who would potentially be Buhari's running mate to help balance the ticket? It's a matter of hour s before we'll get to know as the APC is expected to submit their Vice Presidential candidate unfailingly today.
Nonetheless, In your opinion, Who do you think is best fit for the position?